Thursday, January 27, 2011

4 TTC Employees

I've been asked by so many people (mostly, by Canadians): "Why did you move to Canada?".. Obviously, Russians know why.
It's all about details. Not only the country you live in, but everything in our lives is about details.

I was on my way to the office today and I am using the TTC (which is not always stand for "Take The Car"). Normally, I should be at work around 10am - 10:30am. Today I was a bit earlier. And looks like 8:30 am is a sort of rush hour in the Yonge and Bloor. I've never seen so many people in the subway. But what I liked is the way how everything was organized. Yonge line platform was separated into two parts and one of the parts was only for those people who were getting out of Bloor line.
One of two exits (between two lines) was only for those who were getting in and the second only for those who were getting out - everything was controlled by 4 TTC employees. The crowd was organized. So, how many people does it take to change a light bulb?..
I understand that that scheme simply can't be applied to the Moscow subway - there are too many people there. And it's not even about controlling there. It's more about lack of capacity.. and laziness. However, I am not an expert - I am just talking from my experience as a user.

So, yes.. It's all about details. Paying attention on that small thing such as "too many people in the Yonge and Bloor subway station between 8:30am-8:50am " leads to increased level of usability. Which leads to increased level of people's satisfaction. And eventually it all leads to the fact that you know that people do care about each other. Even if you only know that on a subconscious level - you still know that.

Small things that can make you a bit happier: Morning smile… little white daisy… 4 TTC employees. :)

Take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment